"Are you paying attention yet? Please, take a moment, read.
- • Step one for Hitler was to discredit the media.
- • Step two was to silence scientists and government employees.
- • Hate crimes against minorities grew to the highest in their country’s history. Clashes between parties became so extensive that Hitler ended civil liberties (Step three), giving “law and order” as the cause. Those who opposed Hitler were ridiculed and threatened.
- • In Step four, wealthy supporters purchased media outlets, employing only those faithful to the ruling party.
- • In his final step (Step Five), Hitler declared that the only way the country could be unified was to restore traditional values. Minorities including gays, the disabled, Jews, Roma, and people of colour were considered “inferior” and sent to death camps for slaughter.
Right now, we're between Step 2-4. This is not normal. This is in case you were always confused by how so many people could go along with Hitler's Final Solution, this is exactly how it happened."
We need to keep reminding ourselves and saying out loud that none of this is normal. We cannot condone any of it. We give an inch and he will take 10 miles. Some of us wondered what we woulda done had we been in Germany. Here's the test.
Hitler didn't wake up one day and say "gas chambers!" He conditioned people to that point. More than ever, we have to say "this is not okay."
Copied from a friend's status.
I choose to share these images of love, beauty and pure trust, in this time of turmoil, I want to share beauty and love with you all.
I thank the beautiful lady who allowed me to capture her beauty on the streets of London on such a dreary day for all immigrants and Muslims across the globe.