On Beauty by Zadie Smith



Metallic Blue Jacket.png

This post is supposed to be about the awesome humorous and amazing Zadie Smith and her book ''On Beauty''. Since there is so much to say about her and I would rather you all go read everything she has ever or will ever write. I wrote my own essay that is inspired from her person and words that I have managed to soak into my brain so far.

Do you think we all have a singular tongue or multiple identity/tongue? This issue of single or multiple identities has been on my mind since my move to London last week.

London is a melting pot of art, culture, ethnicities, people and basically everything and anything.

Being a multilingual and multicultural individual, I would like to believe London is ''the place'' for me to be and also managed to keep my individuality but I have observed that I tend to ''adopt'' a very Brtish attitude and accent that was foreign to me a week ago.

Zadie Smith's book ''On Beauty'' 

Explores those complex human emotions of belongingness, adaptability, love, lust, trust, infidelity, individuality, death, self-worth, self-disgust and so much more.
She is one of those writers that challenge the status quo and encourage their reader to question everything about who they are and what they aspire to be. If you have ever question your individuality in a society that constantly tries to fit us into certain boxes, I would suggest you read everything this unconventional British writer has ever written so far.
I am excited for her new book coming later this month but my favourite so far is ''Changing my mind'' a compilation of her various essays on reading, listening, seeing and being.
Have you read ''On beauty'' or any of Zadie Smith's book?

Fiction Books to Read.png

Black Maxi Dress and African Headwrap.png

 Fall Outfit Inspiration.png

Zadie Smith On Beauty Review.png

35 comments:

  1. I've not read ''On beauty'' or any of Zadie Smith's books. She sounds interesting I might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope but Id like soon. U look awesome my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried once but i have never got to fnish it, maybe I'll try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to read 2 books a week in december, i'm adding this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to add this to my reading list for December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jacket looks so glamourous! I haven't read the book unfortunately :(

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds REALLY interesting. I love to read and will be adding this to my reading list. xoxo, Maisha // THATITGIRL.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love Zadie! I fell in love with her first book, White Teeth. I read it over every couple years. Autograph Man was great too. I have On Beauty on my to purchase list and I know it will be just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds like a great read. I'll add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a big book readers and never heard of this fellow author. I will definitely be picking up a book or two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this author but you have me interested!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your look. I haven't heard of this book or author before. Thanks for telling us about her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes make Reading Books Sexy Again! I never heard of the author but I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love Zadie's work. She's a brilliant force. I have to get her new book but I do have some of her older works and have loved them!
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's hard to comment on her book as I haven't read any of her writings, but I can't help but admire your whole outfit here! Ohh so lovely, Diva :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This book sounds like a great read. Will have to check it out. BTW, the photos are smashing. Love the blue jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great read. I actually remember "adopting" a bit of British attitude and accent when I visited London a few years ago. It's hard not to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not as familiar with this author so I will have to check her out. I know I should be focused on the book, but your photos are AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never heard of the author or the book so I will check this out for my winter read

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beauty is skin deep, goes the well known maxim. This book seems to take an unconventional approach to beauty and promises to be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't read her books, but I believe that one might be quite interesting. Lovely words and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seems very promising. I haven't read her yet.
    Love the pics promoting the book.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't yet read any of her book, i will try to check this one out looks interesting read

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tia @ financiallyfitandfabNovember 12, 2016 at 2:06 AM

    Thanks for sharing! I've never read any of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love reading, so I will have to take a look at Zadie Smith's works. Great pictures by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't read this book from Zadie Smith. It sounds really nice though. Love your book review. Good to hear you fell in love with the book. Great review in the video as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never read any book of hers, but I'm always hunting for new authors so I'd keep her in mind.
    Thanks for sharing with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't read the book but I'll definitely be on the look out

    ReplyDelete
  29. the book looks super interesting!

    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't read for pleasure in awhile because I've been consumed with business / personal development type books. I feel as though I am going through a slight identity crisis right now and this book looks like it would be on point for the stage I'm in and could resonate with me. Adding this to my Goodreads list!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are the distinguished diva indeed! I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great jacket!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great read. Being a third culture kid, I love how you relate places to our sense of individuality.

    LILMISSBIANCA | Instagram: @biancamecastro

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm sure you sound great with your British accent!
    Enjoy the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts