Postcard from Ottoman and modern Ioannina



Ali Pasha Graveyard.png
Snapchatting right next to Ali Pasha's grave.

My September getaway took me back home to my people and my little mountainous town of Ioannina.
I have lived here the most time of my existence but my view of the town changed as a visitor now. There is something about refalling in love with your very own city, its sights, and history. The untold history of Ioannina is so present that you can not but wonder why they want to bury such a significant era.

I was there to get my new passport, chill with my Godmother and friends from high school who were also visiting home.
If you have been following this blog from the beginning you might have seen some of these places, since this was the place I started blogging while in University.
I hope you all fall for my town and love the not so hidden Ottoman side, as I do and enjoy the view pf our castle with me.
Is there
Is there something not so hidden about your city?

Wearing:

Dress by Lak by Lakis, Hat by H&M, Sneakers by Asics (Sold out) Find Similar Pairs.


Ali Pasha residents.png Fethiye Mosque Ioannina.png

Cafe in the Castle.png

 Alleys in Ioannina.png

Antique windows.png

Ioannina Lake.png

Its Kale Ioannina.png

Ioannina Castle.png

Ottoman ruins in Ioannina.png

Its Kale Entrance.png

Waffle and Ice cream from Motley.png

Zagori from Ioannina.png

Solo Black Female Travelleri.png

23 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful! I love the views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this landscape is absolutely beautiful. It is awesome to be able to spend time with loved ones on your visit. I am sure they were glad to have you. I have never heard of Iaonnina, so thanks for sharing because now I want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You grew up in Greece? So dope!! Greece is absolutely my favorite country. How lucky for you, the views and your photos are amazing. I hope you had a wonderful upbringing there. Very cool country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty there! I love the view of the mountains. Seems like an idyllic place to grow up in. Very charming..oh and the food looks awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like the perfect getaway! Nice and quiet. I need something relaxing for this month but I'm not quite sure what it will be yet. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great place to visit for rest and relaxation! I think it's great to go back and explore your city and see it through a different lens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mes Voyages à ParisOctober 4, 2016 at 2:27 PM

    Looks beautiful!! Definitely in my wish travel list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Adding to my ever expanding globetrotting list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place and I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have never even heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are beautiful, I need to step up my world travels. It's always nice to go back home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm from Chicago. There are plenty of hidden gems in my city!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pictures are gorgeous. I love it when folks can go to their roots. So glad you ahd a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures! Having been an expat for 10 years now, there is no place like home. I learnt to appreciate my home town only when I left and went back. Before I didn't know about all its secret and beautiful spots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You took some amazing pictures. I am not an expat but i am a traveler and I am happy you are enjoying your experience so vividly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg, im loving your pictures!!! The view of the mountains is making me swoon, lol!! I love it!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ΜΟυ θυμησες ποσα χρονια εχω να πάω στα Ιωάννινα... τι ομορφη πόλη!

    https://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of these photos look like a beautiful post card. So colorful and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pictures are simply breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I see it is really a visit worth!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm also someone who has moved away from my hometown and, like you, there's something magical about being able to discover new (old) things upon your return. Beautiful images of a lovely looking place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this place is so beautiful! I'd fall in love with my surroundings every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This place looks great. I love your photos. I agree : you look at your hometown differently when you moved. When I love somewhere I don't really try out the Touristic things. But actually they're often quite fun! I should look around in my own city more.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts