Girl Bosses: How to Claim Your Wings and Fly



Strong Independent Women.png

In a world that quickly brushes sexual assault under the rug and calls it 'locker room' talk, a world where girls are told they are men's property and solely exist for men's pleasure.
I choose to celebrate GIRLS, to support them, to empower them and to fight this daily battle,
We live in a society where girls aren't allowed to enjoy the innocence of their childhood and are being married off before the age of 15.
I come from a culture that raised girls to shrink themselves to accommodate men, a cultural attribute I was raised to challenge by the amazing woman who thought me that African feminism is possible and girls are as valuable as boys. Girls are human as boys and told me never to allow my femininity gets in the way of my ambitions and goals. I was lucky to have such a role model and today I can come to tell you, beautiful young girls, to know that you can dream, you can rule, you can lead , you can aspire to anything because you are a Girl. I stand with you and tell you that  culture is not written in stone, doubt it, challenge it and change it. We are the culture. Make your own rules and break them.
You are a girl boss, start acting like it.
The women in this portrait are those I am lucky to call my tribe and I am honoured to have them as my model for this post.


Women Photographers and Artist.png

Women In leading roles.png

Beautiful and Smart Girls.png

19 comments:

  1. Over sexualizing young girls is wrong and should not be ignored. I really dislike how many or just calling it locker room talk because it isn't. A person's character is really defined by who he or she is in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, girls everywhere need to be celebrated! We too are worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely concept. I would love to be a part of such an amazing event. You must have had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done girl! And they are just amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! Thank you for shedding light on this topic! It is much needed.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspiring dear. And, how wonderful that you were able to get them to pose for you. Have a great week.x/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an important message this day and age. It's so important for young women and girls to believe in this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this post it is so important that we women learn to value ourselves and support our tribe too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was taught to value myself but it should have been a deeper conversation. My daughter is only 4 but I'm teaching her and reminding her daily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for using your voice to empower women! As a mom of two boys, I'm doing my best to make sure that they learn to treat women with respect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely Girl Power! We need to teach girls at a young age that they are important and deserve respect. Thanks for the encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Ma'am, even in the US culture they are told to be sexy for the pleasure of men at young ages. Just turn on the tv and watch a burger commercial. This post was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This message is definitely needed! Great post. We have to keep each other encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find it so disgusting how the phrase "I grabbed her by the ____" is now being used as a joking matter. What is WRONG with people? So glad that you were able to find your tribe that holds you down.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a powerful message. Girls need to know that they are valuable and worthy. It's sad how in many cultures they are treated like property instead of the beautiful young ladies, they are.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great powerful message. You would think in 2016 we wouldnt still be living in a misogynistic anti-feminist world but we still do in a sense. The only way we woman are going to be able to rise above (especially if you live in the free world of America) is to continue to know your self worth and be strong as a woman. Have confidence and don't let people tell you what you can do or wont be doing as a woman. Break stereotypes and let the male genders know you will be respected and not just a sex and baby making barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen type of woman.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post. We as women need to continue to make strides and keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! It's so important for women to use our voices and stand in our power.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely. We have to empower our girls to be the best they can be.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts