Who is a feminist?



Black Feminist.png

This post is not for the fainthearted.
If you are one of those people who believe being a feminist is over-rated then you need this post.
The society we live in unfortunately made it important for women to have to overcompensate for everything.

We won't have to be feminist if there are as many women in the places of influence as there are men. If women aren't told that they can not do something just because they are female. Since women don't get the jobs they are more than qualified for just because they might get pregnant and need maternity leave, or even get less payment for doing the same job as a man. There are so many reasons to be a feminist and as I stated in the video below, everyone can define what being a feminist means to them.
You can be a feminist both as a man or women, black, Asian, or caucasian, Muslim, Buddhist, Agnostic, Christian or Jewish. Your social class, privileges, and position are irrelevant to your rights, and obligations as a feminist.

Black Lives Matter.png

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful post dear. This reminds me of one of my favourite quotes by the late-great Maya Angelou, “I'm a feminist. I've been a female for a long time now. It'd be stupid not to be on my own side."
    Summer Champs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with feminism to a certain extent but not when taken to an extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feminism is a complected topic. Sometimes it goes off too far, at other times is vital :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a total feminist! And we need more of them in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adeola, what a fabulous post! Unfortunately I can not watch the video right now (my laptop is about to die and I left my cable charger at work) so I'll come back to watch it soon. I am a feminist myself, I think I've always been one since I was little and noticed little things that didn't sit well with me. What I hate these days is how people make such a mockery of it. Or think it's irrelevant or they don't need it. It's like those anti-vaccinators who don't want to immunise their children because such diseases don't "exist" anymore. They don't exist because of the vaccine. And like feminism you may have (slightly) more freedoms than in the past but it's because of people constantly campaigning that you do. We still have so much more work to do and if we stop and settle we'll never see progress.

    Another thing that TRULY annoys me is with a lot of feminist topics you always get males now complaining "what about them". While I'm for equality for all, the fact remains that women have miles and miles of hurdles yet to get through and when they make comments and arguments like those it takes away from the real issue and just makes a mockery of the situation. And this is not something to be made a mockery of!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ΝΟμιζω οτι καποιος καταλαβαινει πολλά απο τον αριθμό των γυναικών που ειναι στην Βουλη σε σχεση με αυτο των αντρων :(

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preach honey and thank you so so much for this comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU, my dear, are beautiful, and I LOVE your dress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts