Maxi African Print Ankara Dress


 photo Beauty tips for Black women_zps0qmja5il.jpg
My love affair with maxi dresses are eternal, specifically when it is made from Nigerian Ankara print fabric.
My time in Italy was a more of me being initiated again into my Yoruba heritage in all the sense of the word.

As I was being told by family and`friends, I am loosing my Nigerian touch, which is quite fair since I haven't visited the country in 12 years. Definitely planning a visit for later this year.
This maxi dress tailored right to my body by my loving aunt was too pretty to not wear to church on the first Sunday of 2016.
Since it is said that you tend to end a year the way you ring it in, I hope I ring in 2017 in Nigeria.
The pink wall at the church parking lot seems like an appropriate backdrop and my crazily sweet cousins, just have to included in this post.
I can't wait to see them all again soon.
As with all things custom made, there is one one of this dress, fret not though for I have hunt down some similar style for you, with links below the post.

Wearing:

Dress: Custom made, find similar Here, and here
Shoes by New Look, here
Bag is Vintage Escada,  find similar here
Necklace and earrings are family heirlooms.
Lipstick, foundation and eyelashes are Mac Cosmetics. Find here.


 photo Long African Ankara Maxi Dresses_zpsbtoafksm.jpg


 photo Ankara African Fashion_zpsyi6swqyq.jpg


 photo African Ankara Style_zpshftt4uzd.jpg

 photo Afro Ethnic Style_zps0alfwdb2.jpg


 photo African Menswear_zpsbrd3sxcz.jpg

Till next post, have a wonderful time.
Now your comments.


Links à la Mode, January 28
SPONSOR: Shopbop Whistles, Haute Hippie Dresses, Sperry Shoes, Blush Dresses, Black Leather Pants, Lace Up Booties, STATE, Charlotte Olympia, Ruifier, Men's Thomas Mason

13 comments:

  1. You are simply divine my girl, like a princess! Im in love with the dress, the pattern suits u so well! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress! http://www.alovelystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable in your ankara dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beyond adorable, fun and colorful, love this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the dress! The pattern, the cut, you just look so glam. Also this new hairstyle looks great on you.


    www.luxessed.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great colours. Love the dress:)


    meluswardrobe.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look marvellous, and I love a great Ankara print. Lovely outfit and styles. x Sehr schön! x
    Travel Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dresses rock doll!! Love them all!!
    kisses
    Mary
    fairymakeuptales.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  10. These dresses are so beautiful! I love the bright colours!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos :)
    NEW POST! : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that vibrant print! Gorgeous maxi dress!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning dress!

    xx
    Yvonne
    http://tellmeyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts