Winter Lipstick : NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors




 photo NYXLIPSTICKREVIEW2_zps1b8aaf3b.jpg

I have had this specific lipstick for a very long time.
I remember I bought it in a drugstore in London, five years ago, I bought five of it.
It was meant as gift until I tried it and decide to buy other gifts and keep them for me.
I find out they discontinue the smacking fun colours line and I am really pissed with NYX. I do not understand the logic behind some company discontinue a product after you actually really loved it.
Am I the only one?
Back to the lipstick, the "LSS Violet Ray" was a light brown purplish colour.
It is actually a all season colour for a night out.
It can be used in the day to on dark skin women like me, since it simply "looks" nude for us.
It feels more like a lip balm than a "lipstick" because of the beeswax that is its main ingredient.
It is my go lipstick for winter because of it creamy and smooth feel on my lips.
It is the same lipstick I DIY with a black liner for my DIY NYE makeup look and here.
Good news I found a seller on ebay that still have some colours.

I will have to say the staying power is not all that good but yeah for the price it is good enough.
check swatch and how it look on my big mouth. lol
Have you used this lipstick before? 

 photo NYXLIPSTICKREVIEW3_zps6b826ff8.jpg

 photo NYXLIPSTICKREVIEW6_zps14afab8f.jpg

 photo NYXLIPSTICKREVIEW4_zpsdfc7abf1.jpg

 photo NYXLIPSTICK_zps729522dc.jpg


 photo NYXLIPSTICKREVIEW5_zpse3669790.jpg

Thank you for reading.
ex oh!

23 comments:

  1. Ah the last pic made me so smile! You know, I never tried NYX lipstick but I am always curious. Ths one looks so cool, you have such beautiful lips which I'd love to put some make up! So fab! Have a goodnight my dear, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color! I find it hard to wear colors like that because I have light, tanned skin so all the darker reds, violets, pinks, burgundies, etc. just make me look pale so I end up not wearing any lipstick at all. That color really does look amazing, its too bad they discontinued it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, five of them, that's what you do when you love something! :-) I am that way with a few products too. I've not tried this brand lipstick before, but it look nice on you. :) /Madison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice lipstick and I live your new blog header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew! How nice to have found a seller that has them. I know how you feel. When you love something..... Looks good you dear :).

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the color looks great on you! i can understand your frustration when companies discontinue things. it always seems to be the products we love. hahaha a blogger friend of mine has problems with pigments of lipsticks. she's stated that some colors don't show up on her. so it's always a challenge. you're not alone. i have a problem with light colors. hahaha they just fade awayyyyy.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its such a pretty and richly toned shade, looks divine on you! Hope your week is going well hun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried these before, but I would. Is that a new blog header? I dig it.

    Please vote for my entry in the WWDMAGIC contest http://bit.ly/1j4DVeI

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this shade on you, it's like a pretty raspberry hue!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this shade on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fabulous doll. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are welcome SImera and thanks for visiting back! You are a beauty magician!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you dear and you already have my vote and my sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you doll and yes it has been eventful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah! I tend to buy more than necessary when I like something! Hope your week has been great Madison!
    Tus!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never tried NYX before, but I definitely love the Violet Ray. And the idea of it being more a tinted lip balm than a lipstick is appealing because lip balms are moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you dear and I believe you will do a wonderful job putting makeup on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They always discontinue the good ones. I am sure you will soon find a great colour for you. I looked for a long time before finding my perfect red lipstick. You have to kiss some frogs first I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the comment doll! Yes the moisturising power is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate it too when companies discontinue products I love, especially perfume!
    Have a nice weekend Adeola!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts