Zagori Mountain Race Greece





 photo Zagori_zps3775b7cd.jpg

Last post from Greece!!!
I feel amazing to be able to call this beautiful country home for 8 good years with amazing friends, families and memories!
Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were. I am not the same person I was and I am more than excited for what the future brings my way!
I love all the beauties of this country and here are pictures to prove the hidden treasures of Greece.
I had the priviledge to run in the deepest gorge in the world that is just 25 minutes ride from me on the first of August.





The Zagori Mountain Running Group organizes trail running competitions at the Zagori area.

The routes 50, 25 and 10 km are taking place only in mountain paths,I ran the 10 km, being my first even mountain race, I decide to take things slow and see how my body and stamina will take it.
What  makes the race really special the opportunity given to runners to explore such a hidden beauty of nature. Selected among well-preserved stone houses and cobbled streets that lead to small picturesque squares, historic monuments and churches that will meet the runners are trying to host showcase the natural beauty of the area, while the actual race highlights the beauty of trail running, and the interaction between man and nature place on the occasion of the majestic landscape each time.
The race is a journey in the  world of stone and water in the heart of the National Park of Vikos- Aoou. During  competitions, the athlete will experience the ultimate adventure, crossing the unique natural beauty of the canyon gorge, the Drakolimni, Timfi, exquisite architectural view Vradeto staircase, stone villages of Zagoria impressive bridges. 

The natural environment and history of this country will travel to the distant past and will make you feel the solitude when man and nature were in perfect harmony. You will cross Voidomatis and climb on the edge of Astraka and Gamila and where this great altitude at the spectacular lakes and Drakolimni and Rompozis. You will pass through villages and meet friendly people in forgotten stone villages, does it really get any awesome that this? I will say no.
I am so amazed and dazzled by the experience, that I can't wait till next year to run the 25 km and explore wider areas.
I won the 10 km and the most rewarding thing is I got to give a specific amount to charity from my victory!
I can go on to tell how fulfill it is to give, even if al you have is small and getting to run for a good cause is overwhelming and winning that so much need money for the orphanage was so fulfilling than any gold they might gave me.
I can't wait to share more pictures soon.
As you read this I might already be on my road trip to Germany from Greece.
I hope to stay in touch , but I am sure I can't so I will see you all in Munich.
Keep up on social media to see glimpse of my trip.


 photo athletes_zpsb8e08bb9.jpg

 photo Runners_zpsd438cf10.jpg

 photo SexyAss_zps9165d45b.jpg


 photo femalerunner_zpsb81c403c.jpg

  photo croptop_zpsd55a2b25.jpg  photo fitnessMotivation_zpsb92270ea.jpg

 photo ZagoriMountainRace_zpsfa9641be.jpg 
Kisses.
 photo EaudeToiletteTheBodyShopSheaKarite_zps9a44a74d.jpg
Do not forget to enter

22 comments:

  1. To bad I can't enter the giveaway... But great post! Thanks for sharing!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEar Adeola, you are such an amazing girl! NExt year I want to ran too!:D Must be an incredible experience, the nature all around is so amazing and you definitely rock!Congrats on the winning, so well deserved! Have a safe trip to Germany and my best wishes for the start of a new life there! Hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. woaahh you look amazing in sportswear girl:))
    my rhodos trip is already next week:) i'm super excited!!
    hope to hear from you very soon! have a save trip!
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ! CONGRATULATIONS ,for your victory ! I live here in Greece 7 years and I LOVE GREECE from my first day here ... i understand you,dear . The best wishes for you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Τι ωραια που ειναι εκει πανω... δεν ξερω βεβαια ποσο κουραστικό ειναι να τρεχεις lol :)
    Φιλιά πολλά!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty while working out. I always look out of breath ready to fall down, hahaha.
    Good luck with your new start in Germany.
    I am so looking forward to reading your new posts!
    x
    Stella from a A Shiny Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the best lady Adeola!!!
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing and you LOOK amazing!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Adeola so many great news, I'm so happy for you...Good Luck for everything this is for sure a new beginning! xoxo

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweety, you are SO fit! You look amazing and congrats on partaking in this exciting race, it sounds strenuous but this is what you are great at! Fantastic photos, you must be so sad to leave Greece, will you be moving to Germany now? All the best doll

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mountain run sounds amazing! So happy that you won and got to donate to charity! What a fantastic life changing experience!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed reading this post; the pictures are so beautiful especially the first pic with the beautiful scenery. Wishing you all the best in your move.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you dear, You are amazing! Wonderful pics, I am sure Greece will miss you. Safe travelling. xx/Madison

    ReplyDelete
  14. You go girl!!! I know Greece will definitely miss you, but you'll just have to go back and visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such an inspiration,Well done babes...

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts