We all need to know :Bloglovin and other platforms



There's been a development in the blogging community recently,  that you may or may not have been informed about: Google has decided to remove the "Google Friend Connect" widget from all non-blogger hosted blogs (and there's also hearsay that they'll be removing it all together sometime in the future as well).

This means that if you are using GFC as a way to subscribe to your blogs of choice, you will have probably stopped getting updates on your dashboard from the non-blogger blogs you were following since this change has come into effect, without you realising it!



You can add these blogs directly via their URL, a) on your dashboard (I've seen this working on some of the affected blogs, but I'm not 100% sure that it works for all of them) or b) your Google Reader, or, even better (since I've personally come to find that both these ways are flawed), you can follow them on another platform, such as Bloglovin or NetworkedBlogs. Personally, I strongly recommend Bloglovin: I've added every blog or website that I follow on there, and I've not missed on a single post ever since!

Do take the time today to update your subscriptions and make sure you're not missing out on your favourite blogs - it's a shame not getting any updates because of a sneaky little change!
 This was not originally a post I planned on doing, but thanks to my co blogger friend Tina from the blog All the Vanity thanks to her post, i also got to share this with all of you.
Follow me through Bloglovin if you wishes and I will also follow you back, if you will be kind enough to notify me with a link to your bloglovin.
Have a great weekend dearies and have fun
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Είμαι μία από αυτές που της αφαιρέθηκε ξαφνικά και έχασα σχεδόν όλους τους followers μου :/ Βέβαια το ξαναέβαλα αλλά ποτέ δεν ξέρεις!! Σε ακολουθώ κοπέλα μου στο bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes its true i have stopped using gfc
    megha
    GIVEAWAY : WIN A 300$ ADOLFO SANCHEZ DESIGNER DRESS.
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.in/2012/03/adolfo-sanchez-designs-pinspire-india.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloglovin is amazing, I have their app on my phone, so I'm checking blogs on the move as well ;) xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bloglovin as well. Definitely foolowing you there:)

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm complete aware of this change. Gladly I didn't move to wordpress. I was planning to. I would have regret it. I was sad for those who were affected. Happy there's bloglovin as alternative.

    http://moochinginspirations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i actually read some blogger forums and they said that it won't be removed from blogger websites, just changed to say 'members' or something different, but the followers won't be lost. :) so im not worried! but anyways thank you for your sweet comment <3

    Hello Kitty giveaway on my blog,

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh thanks for letting us know!

    www.fashionfootprints.blogspot.com
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. now following you on bloglovin

    http://www.sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Το bloglovin βολευει απιστευτα!
    Με το gfc ψιλομπερδεμα.
    Σε ακολουθω εννοειται!
    Miss Starshiny

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts