Mary Katrantzou FW2012




Hello my lovelies, how are you doing?
Hope you are all doing great, with the LFW over days ago, I have been planning to have my top ten but before that I want to have a special post for the incredible collection of Mary Katrantzou.
Oh ok where exactly do I start with Mary as a designer? I loved all her piece for Topshop and I was lucky to owned 2 piece from them when I was living in England, she is amazing and I really have this feeling of patriotism each time I see a piece from her, considering she is a Greek immigrant in the U.K, she gives me the relief and hope that no matter what people say or think about you, it really doesn’t count if you are strong and ready to work your ass to get where you aspire. She is the opposite of what most of the world think about Greeks, very hard working, structured and put o much energy and always a smile on in all of her work, am very proud. Back to this collection, don’t you just adore it all? The materials, the inspiration behind the collection and the presentation for me was quite rad.
Mary Katrantzou's conceits were so beautifully conceptualized—here never more so than with the bathtub that foamed with crystals and pearls—that her elevation of the quotidian to the sublime was, once again, easily one of the finest pieces of theatre in London fashion week.


































So what do you all think of the collection? More coming on LFW, my top ten of course and are you watching MFW? Am loving all the gorgeous dress on the  Alberta Ferreti’s show.

 Cheers and kisses, have an amazing Friday and Weekend ahead.
pictures all from style.com and edited by me

11 comments:

  1. such a wonderful collection..i especially like the bright yellow color based outfits!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So gorgeous! Following you now :)

    Xo,
    Angela
    Headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this collection and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember watching this runway show and being totally blown away. I love Mary Katrantzou!

    Xo
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for commenting on my recent poat and it made my day!
    My Lyfe ; My Story

    @MyLyfeMyStory


    ReplyDelete
  6. i lovee this collection!!
    you have a great blog thanks for your lovely comment
    would you like to follow each other?
    www.fashionfootprints.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh it seems like i was already following you :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary is an amazing designer and I am very excited to check out the line she produced for Topshop! Can't wait to see the Alberta Ferretti recap post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Absolutely beautiful!
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. great collection, really art, but green pieces are my favorites this time.....love
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Have your say, I do appreciate it and will respond to all in due time.

Popular Posts